Inventory Control Associate (Easton, Pennsylvania)
United Pipe & Steel, a member of the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. family of companies, is the largest master distributor of standard pipe products in the United States, serving wholesale distributors only from our fleet of flatbed trucks. We are looking for an Inventory Control Associate to join our Easton, Pennsylvania-based team!
Reporting directly to the Regional Operations Manager, the Inventory Control Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and inventory control planning functions within a distribution warehouse, focusing on safety, quality, inventory control, and customer service. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and possesses a customer-oriented approach.
- Monitors and maintains the database and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates any delivery issues or delays.
- Schedules customer deliveries and demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Provides clear spoken and written information to supervisors and managers regarding the status of situations or orders.
- Oversees the Receiving process paperwork.
- Assists other warehouse locations as appropriate and the Sales department with manifest changes and MTR requirements.
- Manages the Inbound/Receiving Calendar for the warehouse.
- Willingness to travel to other warehouses a possibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of administrative experience; Strong attention to detail required.
- Associate’s Degree, or work experience in a similar industry. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including Microsoft Teams.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to relay information to management & the Sales team in an efficient manner.
- Ability to problem solve and have an analytical mindset, collecting and analyzing data.
- Experience with ERP systems; (P21 an asset)
- Ability to learn and use the full capability of additional software as needed.
- Affordable and comprehensive medical insurance
- Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability & Life insurance included.
- 401K plan with employer-matching contributions
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Day shift
- Monday – Friday
Job Type: Full-time
United Pipe & Steel, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.