Local CDL A Flatbed Driver (Ipswich, Massachusetts)
United Pipe & Steel is part of the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. Family of Companies. Our mission is to be a best-in-class distributor, delivering a competitively priced and diverse mix of high-quality pipe and tube products on our own fleet with the shortest lead times to wholesale distributors.
We are looking for a local Flatbed Driver to join our Ipswich, MA team!
- Home Daily; No weekends or major holidays
- Early morning start times
- Full-time, steady year-round work
- Hourly pay w/ OT after 40 hours (Drivers typically work 55 hours a week on avg.)
- Safety first! Operates flatbed commercial vehicles in a safe manner at all times!
- Conduct pre/post-trip truck inspections.
- Responsible for taking care of & maintaining all assigned equipment and products, including reporting vehicle maintenance needs.
- Strictly follow DOT regulations, federal, and local laws with respect to hours of service, vehicle operations, and inspections.
- Must maintain load security.
- Make deliveries on schedule and inform the manager if delays are anticipated.
- Verify count and condition of material; completes all necessary paperwork for accuracy, including signatures for delivered goods.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and provide a consistently high level of customer service.
Requirements / Abilities
- Clean driving record; no DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years; no more than three violations occurring in the last 3 years.
- Minimal of one year of verifiable commercial driving experience, with flatbed experience preferred.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission in certain markets.
- Physical position, involving heavy lifting (~75 lbs.)
- Ability to climb on and off flatbed trailers, re-strapping or tarping product as needed.
- Able to pass random drug tests.
- $5000 Sign-on Bonus
- Affordable and comprehensive medical insurance
- Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability & Life insurance included.
- 401K plan with employer matching contributions.
- Incentive bonuses.
- Paid vacation and sick time on an accrual basis; 3 weeks a year.
- Paid holiday time.
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
United Pipe & Steel is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.